About the Journal
Scope and Partners
Transform publishes scholarly articles and critical reviews of literature from a Wesleyan perspective for the Church in Africa and beyond. The peer-reviewed journal is published once a year by the following Wesleyan institutions in Africa:
- Africa University, Mutare, Zimbabwe
- Kenya Highlands University, Kericho, Kenya
- Nazarene Theological College, Republic of South Africa
- Nazarene Theological College of Central Africa, Lilongwe, Malawi
- School of Religion and Christian Ministry of Africa Nazarene University, Nairobi, Kenya
- Southern Africa Nazarene University, Manzini, Eswatini
- West Africa Theological Seminary, Lagos, Nigeria
- Banyam Theological Seminary, Bambur, Karim Lambido Taraba State, Nigeria
The objectives of Transform are the following:
- to make a contribution to scholarship in the Wesleyan tradition, especially within the African continent;
- to encourage collaboration between the various partner institutions;
- to promote the doctrine of holiness throughout Africa and beyond;
- to collaborate with other academics in other disciplines to contribute to the discovery of truth;
- To encourage and mentor new scholars through the publication of the journal and other resources.
Transform publishes scholarly book reviews and articles which make a contribution to biblical, theological or practical studies or articles of an interdisciplinary nature which make a substantive contribution to the field of religion. The editorial committee welcomes previously unpublished articles and book reviews. All journal articles should follow the “Transform Article Guidelines” and book reviews should follow the “Guidelines for a Critical Book Review.”
Articles and reviews may be copied and printed for personal and classroom use. All material published in the journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives Licence.
The viewpoints expressed within the articles and book reviews are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the sponsoring institutions, the Editor, the Editorial Board or the Editorial Advisory Panel.